Monday, April 3, 2023

Steve Aoki Lot

Another of the online only Topps sets from last year was the Topps X Steve Aoki-curated set.  This was released in a couple of waves and included a lot of Red Sox cards.  That, in conjunction with the fact that there were several players in new uniforms after the trading deadline, meant that I was actually kind of interested in this set.  Here is the first few cards I picked up from it.

1.  Alex Verdugo.  Perhaps a third goal may be in the works.  I guess it kind of depends on what kind of year Verdugo puts up, but maybe it's time to push him to 100.  I have mid-50's right now.  That may not be super easy.

2.  Rafael Devers.  I think the Devers goal is definitely within reach.  Still a lot of cards to get, but I suspect he will appear in just about every set along with having lots of inserts.  With Bogaerts gone, Devers is the face of the franchise.

3.  Tommy Pham.  This is one of the updated players.  Pham has appeared on more cards than I expected, and is even shown with the Red Sox in 2023 Topps.  That's fine with me because I really liked Pham.  I was hoping Boston would bring him back as a fourth outfielder, but Rob Refsnyder had better numbers and is significantly better defensively.

2 comments:

  1. "(I)s significantly better defensively"
    I can't tell if this is praise for Refsnyder or a damning statement on Pham. Or both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both. Refsnyder made some amazing plays last season. Pham was pretty much a butcher.

      Delete