Saturday, April 29, 2023

Forum Trade for the Wantlist

The second forum trade back was for a lot of 18 cards, all of which came off of my wantlist.

1.  Mookie Betts.  Yes, I am still getting Mookie cards.  There were three in this trade.  I have quite a few Betts cards on my wantlist still.  He was one of the most dynamic players the Red Sox have had during my lifetime.  There is still something to be said for that.

2.  Mookie Betts.

3.  Mookie Betts.

4.  Xander Bogaerts.  Bogaerts and Betts are neck-and-neck as far as number of cards in my collection.  Bogaerts has longevity on his side, Betts was just such a big star.

5.  Michael Chavis.  Chavis had a nice rookie season in 2019, but could never hit consistently after that.  He is currently with the Nationals.

6.  Roger Clemens.  I like these low-end inserts that A&G puts out each year with lots of different players.  

7.  Pedro Martinez.  Martinez appears in this trade even more than Mookie.  He still appears in a lot of sets every year for a player that has been retired since 2008.

8.  Pedro Martinez.

9.  Pedro Martinez.

10.  David Ortiz.  Here is another A&G insert.

11.  Ted Williams.  It is always nice to see The Splendid Splinter get new cards.

12.  Carl Yastrzemski.  Yaz too.

13.  Carl Yastrzemski.  I really like this shot of Yaz from the late 70's.  It is a little blurry, but it's not one I have seen a billion times before.

14.  Kevin Youkilis.  This card finished off this insert set.  Youk was one of my favorites when he was active.

15.  Steven Wright.  The one thing I don't really like about forum trades is how hard it is to get the obscure players.  A lot of people only want to list the stars because those are the players that attract attention, but as I have said a lot, I like player selection.  This is my first Wright card in a long time.  He was briefly a subject of a mini-player collection.

16.  Dustin Pedroia.  I like this picture of Pedroia here.

17.  Ted Williams.

18.  Pedro Martinez.  This is the fourth Martinez card in the trade.

1 comment:

  1. Great looking cards. Love the Pedro stuff, especially the last one.

    ReplyDelete