Thursday, November 15, 2018

Topps Now Postseason Bonus #3: World Series

That didn't take too long.  This is the final Topps Now Bonus Card and it is kind of an awkward picture I think.  I am pretty sure this one was taken in the locker room during the trophy celebration.  I can actually name all of the players whose entire faces we can see.  From left we have: Sandy Leon, Mookie Betts, Christian Vazquez, Jackie Bradley Jr., Mitch Moreland, and Brock Holt.  Still debating whether I will consider this card a card of those players or a team card.

Of course by now everyone knows Boston beat Los Angeles (sorry Night Owl) 4-1.  Other than a loss in the 18th inning in Game 3, the Red Sox pretty much dominated the Dodgers.  It is the fourth time I have seen the Red Sox win a World Series.  It does not get old.  I really enjoyed this year because, despite having a lot of big work projects, I was really able to sit and watch the games.  That was not really true in 2013 when I was in the process of moving to a new house or 2004 when I was in law school.  I did watch 2007 when I lived completely on my own with only two cats for company.  It was a great year this year.  There is one last thing to happen before I can turn my attention to next year's team. 

No comments:

Post a Comment