Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Lin Camo

One of the sets that I am most interested in finding for my Tzu-Wei Lin collection is the 2017 Topps Update set.  I have not made much progress with it, only finding the base, gold, rainbow foil, negative, and clear parallels.  A lot of the harder to find ones have eluded me.  Until now:
This is the Memorial Day Camo parallel, serial-numbered to 25.  It is these special color ones that I am most interested in.  

As for his chances of making it to the Red Sox roster next season, I am a little concerned.  Boston has a logjam of infielders, especially with Eduardo Nunez deciding to exercise his option to stay for another year.  I thought that was Lin's best chance.  He will have to compete with Brock Holt, Marco Hernandez, and Blake Swihart to make a superutility role.  There are two spots still available on the position player part of the roster and Lin can play in the outfield.  He also hit well down the stretch.  I think there is a reasonable chance he will make it onto the Opening Day roster.

1 comment: