Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Topps Now Postseason Bonus #2: ALCS

Here we have the celebratory photo after the Red Sox finished off the defending World Champion Houston Astros in the ALCS 4-1.  I used to try to identify every player in these big photos and count them as a card for each player.  That got too difficult to keep track of so I stopped.  We do have Jackie Bradley Jr. pretty much right in front, which is notable since he was the ALCS MVP.  I think Tzu-Wei Lin is the dude in the gray hoodie over J.D. Martinez's left shoulder on the left of the photo. 

I long thought that if the Red Sox could just beat the Astros in the ALCS that they would likely win the World Series.  Turns out I was correct on that front.  But I also thought the ALCS would go the full seven games.  That did not happen.

I should be getting the last bonus card soon.  I am still waiting on my Postseason set with the autograph card and my World Champs set with the autograph.  I am anxious to see what I get.  Hopefully soon.

1 comment:

  1. Speaking of receiving, I got your package today. Thanks a ton. Wasn't expecting to see so many extras. If your plan was to make me feel bad for sending you weak-sauce packages this year, it worked :P.

    ReplyDelete