Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Spotlight: 2011 Topps Kimball Champions

I like inserts.  I like vintage designs.  I like minis.  Combine them together and you get one of the best insert sets of the last few years.  The 2011 Kimball Champions insert set was a large set that carried over three series of Topps base cards and was made up of 150 cards.  It had a classic design with the player's portrait at the time and a small action scene at the bottom.  It was a very attractive set made even more attractive to me personally because of the inclusion of a number of Red Sox.

The player makeup was a mix of present-day stars, rising stars, and former stars.  For instance, the Red Sox representatives were players like Jon Lester, Clay Buchholz, Adrian Gonzalez, Tris Speaker, Carlton Fisk, and Babe Ruth, among others.  That brings me to another point: Babe Ruth with the Red Sox.  I love it when there are cards of Babe Ruth with the Red Sox.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment