Tuesday, September 27, 2016

The #8 Card on My Top 10 and More

Several packages arrived in the mail today.  Included among them were a Topps Now card, some random wantlist hits, and the #8 card on my Most Wanted list.
1.  Rafael Devers.  This card was a one-card trade package.  For some reason I did not include these on my wantlist.  I only had the Rusney Castillo (because of course I did) before.  Devers is one of Boston's top prospects and has the best power potential in their system.

2.  Yoan Moncada.  This represented the high point of Moncada's season.  Unfortunately he started striking out at an alarming rate and has since been buried on the bench.  He remains a work in progress.  Moncada remains Boston's #1 prospect and one of the top prospects in the game however.

3.  Curt Schilling.  This was the #8 card on my Most Wanted List.  This is a short-printed image variation and shows Schilling with the Red Sox instead of the Diamondbacks as the regular version showed.

4.  John Valentin.  Several Valentin cards have found their way into my collection recently.  I am not complaining.

5.  David Ortiz.  I really like this shot of Ortiz's pre-at bat routine.  This is a short-printed card and was on my want list.  Once again, Ortiz finds his way into a package today.

6.  Xander Bogaerts.  Another wantlist hit.  Bogaerts has been struggling a bit lately, but he still managed to get to 20 home runs for the first time in his career.

7.  Will Middlebrooks.  I love this card.  First, there is the action shot, one of the best photos in recent memory for a Red Sox regular Topps card.  Then, there is the fact that this is the red refractor and is numbered to just 25.

8.  Clay Buchholz.  This came in the same trade package as the Middlebrooks, a rare high-end trade for me.  

9.  Team Card.  Finally, this card came from Peter of Baseball Every Night who contact me and offered to send this card and some other base mostly because I needed this one card.  That is Jackie Bradley Jr., Xander Bogaerts, and Mookie Betts in that shot, Boston's "Killer Bees".  Thanks Peter!

No comments:

Post a Comment