Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Some Chrome Refractors and a Bowman Platinum Blaster

A couple of trades brought in some colored refractors from Topps Chrome.  I always liked the sepia refractors and there were two of them added here.  Hanley Ramirez is having a terrific bounce-back season this year after a terrible year last year, and just hit another home run as I was typing this.  Rusney Castillo is unfortunately a bust, and with Andrew Benintendi ready to become a full-time Major Leaguer next season, I doubt he will get much more of a chance in Boston.  In a separate trade I picked up this green refractor of Dustin Pedroia, who is also having a terrific season.

Later on that same day, I decided to pick up a blaster of Bowman Platinum in search of a card of my personal favorite pitching prospect who appears in a Major League set for the first time here.  Unfortunately I did not get the card of that pitcher, but I did pull two Red Sox, another Dustin Pedroia and Henry Owens, who has struggled quite a bit this season.

1 comment:

  1. Nice cards! I hadn't seen the Platinum yet, and I really like the design. Pedroia is my favorite player to collect; I'll probably grab a few Platinum parallels.

    ReplyDelete