Saturday, March 12, 2016

Some Random One-Card PWEs

My mailday on Saturday consisted of four PWEs, each with only one card:
Up first is a refractor of Rusney Castillo and Anthony Ranaudo.  This is the third version of this card in my collection.  The next is a Todd Benzinger card only available with the Starting Lineup.  The figure shows him with the Reds, so I did not want to get it to get this card.  The next is a 1961 Topps card of Vic Wertz.  Wertz was a decent power hitter in the 1950's and 1960's.  He hit 19 home runs for Boston in 1960.  A little bit of trivia: Vic Wertz hit the ball that Willie Mays caught over his shoulder that has been seen in so many highlight reels.  It occurred in the 1954 World Series when Wertz was with Cleveland.  Finally, the last card was seen on my blog recently and is the only card of Heinie Manush with Boston of which I am aware.

No comments:

Post a Comment