Saturday, September 15, 2018

Lin and Topps Now Bonus Mailday

This Lin collection is really taking off.  I have not been doing it for very long and I am already up to 43.  He has far surpassed Steven Wright, though he does still lag behind Felix Doubront, of players that were once mini-player collections.  And of course he is well behind Jason Varitek and even Jackie Bradley Jr.  Unfortunately, things will likely slow down a little soon unless he pops up in another set.  I am hoping for Topps Update.  Anyway, here are the new additions:
1.  2018 Topps Inception.  I had a bunch of the parallels for this card without ever picking up the base card.  Well, this is it.  There is still one base card out there that I have yet to add: 2018 Topps Gypsy Queen.
2.  2018 Stadium Club Black Foil.  And here is another parallel from the Stadium Club set.  These were not super rare, usually one per blaster or so.  This is still one of my favorite photos from this year's Stadium Club set.
3.  2018 Topps Inception Orange.  Here is yet another parallel from Topps Inception.  I also have the green, purple, and red.  I have the blue one coming in still.
4.  2017 Topps Update Clear.  This card is the current centerpiece of my Lin collection.  Yes, even more than any of my auto cards.  This is the clear parallel and it is serial-numbered to just 10.  This is a lot more impressive in person.  You can sort of tell that it is clear from the bottom.  I am unfortunately a little late on some cards.  I found completed listings for some nice rare ones.  Maybe they will come back up at some point.

Up next are two more Topps Now Road to Opening Day bonus cards.  This gives me six bonus cards this year.  I'm hoping for one more before the season is over.
This card celebrates Mookie Betts hitting for the cycle on August 9 against the Blue Jays.  Unfortunately, Boston lost that game.  Mookie is the first Red Sox player to hit for the cycle since Brock Holt did it in 2015.
And here is Steve Pearce hitting three home runs against the Yankees, joining Mo Vaughn and Kevin Millar as the only Red Sox players to do so.  Pearce was the third Red Sox player to hit three home runs in a game this season.  Mookie did it twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment