Wednesday, September 5, 2018

A Lee Smith Relic? Yes, Please!

I still like relics, I just do not really go nuts for them as much.  I add them when I can in trades, but unless it is a player I just have to have, I do not really go out and buy them much anymore.  Lee Smith is a player I just had to have.  He has never had a Red Sox relic before and he is a player I really liked, even though I never actually saw him pitch with Boston.  When I saw that Panini would have a relic of him with the Red Sox, I started searching for it.  And here it is:
Now, there is one thing I should say about it that is a little disappointing.  Even though the card says "Boston", this is very unlikely to be a Red Sox uniform that Smith is wearing.  I am about 99% sure it is a Cardinals uniform.  Red Sox uniforms at the time that he played did not have the red stripe down the leg and did not have red caps.  Also, it looks like his uniform number has a 7 in it, and he wore #48 with the Red Sox.  Nevertheless, it is a Red Sox card, and I guess that is good enough.  This is the gold parallel, but I will count it for the purposes of my wantlist anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment