Sunday, September 9, 2018

Cards from Burbank

In my search for some Tzu-Wei Lin cards and for some Honus Bonus cards that I was frustratingly unable to pull in that hobby box, I came upon a seller whom I have bought cards from several times before.  He had a number of cards that I needed that fit both groups.  And so, I placed an order for a bunch of goodies.
1.  2017 Topps On Demand Mini Update Tzu-Wei Lin.  I have not had much luck trying to get any of the 2017 Topps Update stuff for Lin.  This package nailed a couple of cards from the set.  This is the online-only mini card.

2.  2017 Honus Bonus Steven Wright.  Probably the major card that I wanted when I opened the Honus Bonus box.

3.  2017 Honus Bonus Brock Holt.  Player selection is the biggest reason I wanted that box.  Holt gets a few cards here and there, but not really that many, especially lately.

4.  2017 Honus Bonus Chris Young.  I always liked Young.  He was a certified lefty-killer.  He was pretty good in his two years in Boston.

5.  2017 Honus Bonus Tyler Thornburg.  Thornburg has been healthy finally and helping turn that Travis Shaw trade from a huge mistake to a minor blunder.

6.  2017 Panini Chronicles Blue Tzu-Wei Lin.  This is the card that first drew my attention back to this seller.
7.  2017 Topps Fire Drew Pomeranz.  This was another card I failed to get in a hobby box that I really wanted.  Had to rectify that too while I was at it.

8.  2017 Topps Update Tzu-Wei Lin.  Finally have the base card.  I am still missing base cards of Lin from 2018 Topps Inception and 2018 Topps Gypsy Queen.

9.  2018 Topps Big League Gold Tzu-Wei Lin.  Might as well add some parallels as well.

10.  2018 Topps Big League Rainbow Foil Tzu-Wei Lin.  And one more.  That is #29.

11.  1959 Topps Haywood Sullivan.  I am going to eventually finish this team set.  I am finally making some progress again.  Sullivan would later be the team's general manager.

12.  1959 Topps Jerry Zimmerman.  Zimmerman, a native of Omaha, Nebraska, never actually played for the Red Sox.  He had been in their system since 1952 and was released in 1959.  He then bounced around a little bit before making his ML debut with the Reds and then being traded to the Twins.  He was never a particularly good hitter.  But the fact that he is a Nebraska native meant I had to get a card of him eventually.

2 comments: