Monday, July 16, 2018

Opening Day, Stadium Club, and Topps Series 2

Recently, I felt like opening some more packs.  I have missed out on a lot this year, so I picked up three blasters.  I did reasonably well on all three.
1.  2018 Topps Opening Day Craig Kimbrel.  Clearly he has locked down a save here.

2.  2018 Topps Opening Day Christian Vazquez.  Just as I said a couple days ago.   Vazquez is picking up steam.  I like the shot here.

3.  2018 Topps Opening Day Before Opening Day.  This is probably my favorite card from the day.  I had no idea this card existed.  It is really cool to add an insert card of a lesser-known player like Vazquez.  Also, two Vazquez cards from this break.

4.  2018 Stadium Club Rafael Devers.  Devers is another player that is increasing greatly in my collection.  And he should, since he is a big rising star.

5.  2018 Stadium Club Jackie Bradley Jr.  Ah, this is more like it.  Of course JBJ shows up.

6.  2018 Stadium Club Mookie Betts.  And of course Mookie makes an appearance too.  I love the action shot here.

7.  2018 Topps Future Stars Andrew Benintendi.  We have most of the usual suspects here.  We are just missing Chris Sale.

8.  2018 Topps Xander Bogaerts.  My only base card from Topps Series 2 is Xander, which is another fitting one.

9.  2018 Topps Instant Impact Dustin Pedroia.  Pedroia has slowed in my collection, mostly due to injuries and his somewhat ordinary numbers when he is on the field.

This was a pretty successful series of breaks.  I am most happy about the Vazquez insert.

No comments:

Post a Comment