Sunday, July 15, 2018

2018 Diamond Kings Break

I loved the Diamond Kings set last year, so when I saw blasters at Walmart fairly recently, I had to grab one, even though I have not been buying a ton.  I had a pretty good showing of Red Sox, considering there were only 30 or so cards in the blaster.
1.  2018 Diamond Kings The 500 David Ortiz.  I started off with a nice insert of the great David Ortiz.

2.  2018 Diamond Kings Andrew Benintendi.  I expect Benintendi to explode in my collection soon.

3.  2018 Diamond Kings Harry Hooper.  One of my favorite things about the Diamond Kings set is the use of long-retired players like Hooper.  I got the Hooper card last year too.  I would have liked Joe Cronin or Dom DiMaggio, but I am definitely happy to add another Hooper card.  Hooper is a very obscure Hall of Famer who was inducted in 1971, just a few years before his death in 1974.

No comments:

Post a Comment