Friday, July 13, 2018

2018 Topps Heritage Break

Topps Heritage is another of my favorite sets from a player selection standpoint.  For some reason this season seems a little light on cards, but there was one player that I needed to add since it was his first Major League card.  For the first time it seems like, I did not pull either Mookie Betts or Jackie Bradley Jr.
1.  Chris Sale.  This is a League Leader card.  Sale was second in the league in ERA to Cy Young winner Corey Kluber, though he led the league in strikeouts by a wide margin.  Kluber and Yankees ace Luis Severino also appear on the card.

2.  Rafael Devers/Kyle Martin.  This is the card I wanted.  Mainly for the Kyle Martin part.  No offense to Devers of course, who is one of my favorite young players.  This is the only Red Sox card of Kyle Martin who appeared in just two games for the Red Sox and those were his only two Major League games to this point in his career.  Player selection. 

3.  Andrew Benintendi.  I love the Rookie Cup on these cards.  It appears on the Devers portion as well. 

4.  Christian Vazquez.  Vazquez is a player that is increasing quite a bit in my collection.  He seems to show up in a lot of my packs as well.  No complaints.  I always like catchers.

No SPs and so far these are my only Heritage cards from this year.  I have a lot of work to do to catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment