Monday, July 23, 2018

More Random Breaks

Here are the breaks over the last week or so.  I went a little nuts recently.
1.  2018 Topps Salute Ted Williams.  The best thing about this card is that this is a picture I have not seen on a card before.  I get a little annoyed when the same photos get used over and over again.

2.  2018 Topps Hanley Ramirez.  I am just one card away from 100 on Hanley.  I did not realize that would have to wait until after he was off the team.  His departure was shocking.

3.  2018 Topps Drew Pomeranz.  Pomeranz has been disappointing this year after winning 17 games last year.  Hopefully he will make it back yet this year.

4.  2018 Topps David Price.  Price is a pitcher who needs to be a little more consistent if Boston is going to make it far this year.  He has moments where he looks like the Price of old, but then he will get shelled in a game.

This Topps break was kind of nice from a player selection standpoint.  These are all players that I have not been getting a lot lately, especially as I have not been working out many trades and have not been to a shop in a long time.

5.  2017 Panini Chronicles Chris Sale.  I should have paid more attention to this box when I picked it up.  There were only 20 cards in the box and it was a tad pricey.  I also did not get much, but I did add this nice Sale card.

6.  2018 Topps Heritage Mookie Betts.  I probably pull more Mookie Betts cards than any other player, except Aaron Judge, annoyingly.

7.  2018 Topps Heritage David Price.  Hey, two David Price cards.

8.  2018 Topps Heritage Rick Porcello.  Oddly, winning the Cy Young Award in 2016 has not greatly increased the cards available of Porcello.  This is kind of annoying.  I have fewer Porcello cards than Price and Porcello has been in Boston one year longer.

9.  2018 Topps Heritage Mookie Betts AS.  This is new.  Two Mookie cards in the same box.

10.  2018 Topps Gypsy Queen Craig Kimbrel.  Kimbrel is a free agent after this season.  It will be interesting to see what Boston does about that.

11.  2018 Topps Gypsy Queen Mookie Betts.  Shocker.

No comments:

Post a Comment