Saturday, July 21, 2018

Ah, That's More Like It

I worked out a trade on the forums for the first time in about nine months.  I finally finished updating my tradelist, but I worked this one out before then for a couple of recent pulls.  The other party had a bunch of Diamond Kings and since it is one of my favorite sets, I pulled the trigger on a couple of cards.
1.  2018 Panini Diamond Kings J.D. Martinez.  I'm not sure why they were not able to airbrush Martinez into a Red Sox uniform, but no complaints here.  This is just my second J.D. Martinez card in my Red Sox collection, but there will be many more, particularly with his Ortiz-like production this year.

2.  2018 Panini Diamond Kings Past and Present Fred Lynn/Andrew Benintendi.  I always love cards with more than one player on them.  This is a pretty apt comparison.  Even though Benintendi plays left field instead of center field, his style of playing is much more similar to Lynn than Jim Rice.  Benintendi is a five-tool player like Lynn, whereas Rice was much more one-dimensional, for most of his career anyway.  So yes, I can see the similarities between Lynn and Benintendi. 

No comments:

Post a Comment