Sunday, March 31, 2013

Random Awesome Photo: 1996 Score #108 Mike Macfarlane

I love photos of catchers in action and this is one of the best ones I have seen in my Red Sox collection.  This is clearly the aftermath of a collision at the plate with Mike Macfarlane on the ground on his back, holding the ball up to show the umpire that he held on.  I can not identify who that is next to him that tried to score though.  I can not even really tell what team that is.  I am pretty sure it is the Orioles though.

Mike Macfarlane spent only one season with the Red Sox.  He played with them in 1995 when they won the AL East.  He did not hit particularly well, but he did contribute 15 home runs.

Score became known early on for their action photos.  This definitely shows why.  This is one of my all-time favorite catcher photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment