Saturday, October 10, 2020

Stadium Club Partial Case Break and the Jason Varitek Quest for 1,000: #964

I took another chance at a Red Sox team break recently, targeting Stadium Club.  Stadium Club is one of my favorite sets every year because of the outstanding photography.  I already opened a blaster recently and pulled an absolutely beautiful photo of Ted Williams.  That one will be hard to top, but there is one that might do it.

Here are most of the cards.  The Chris Sale is the red foil parallel, and is the only non-base card I received.  There are some nice photos here, but nothing truly exceptional, except maybe the Xander Bogaerts.  The Yaz is nice, but I feel like I have seen it before, and it is not as great as the Ted Williams.  The Bogaerts was taken during the London Series debacle and has a nice shot of the stadium.  I do like the David Ortiz shot that was taken possibly after a home run.

But my favorite photo is this one:
This is an absolutely amazing photo of Varitek catching what would appear to be a warm-up pitch, since no one else appears to be around.  The only thing I do not like is the fuzziness of the ball, but it is otherwise possibly my favorite base card of the year.

1 comment: