Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Tier One Bronze Ink

Surprisingly, a couple of rare autos popped up last week.  I had seen that these two had sold before so I was aware of them.  I did not expect them both to pop up again within a couple of days of each other.  Today, I received one of them:
This is the 2018 Topps Tier One Breakout Autographs Bronze Ink and it is serial-numbered to 25.  The bronze ink really pops and matches well with the design.

I am still disappointed that Lin is not on the ALCS roster.  I thought he had a chance when Mitch Moreland injured his hamstring in the ALDS.  I still think that Lin would have been a pretty good bet to be a late-inning pinch runner.  Alex Cora has mostly used Moreland as a pinch-hitter for Sandy Leon and Christian Vazquez and then promptly pinch-ran for him using the alternate catcher, neither of whom can really run at all.  That would be a perfect spot for Lin.

And now for some music:


This is Landmine Marathon, an unfortunately short-lived death/grind band that sounded like a mix of early Carcass, Napalm Death, and Bolt Thrower.  They briefly achieved notoriety due to the aesthetic appeal of frontwoman Grace Perry.  I suspect Perry left the band at least partly due to constant objectification (Damn you Revolver).  I quite enjoyed the band.  They are still officially active but have not released anything new since 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment