Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Zippy Zapped

I'm pretty sure anyway.  There was no name on the package other than "SIY Fan", which I determined most likely stands for Staten Island Yankees Fan.  The other usual modus operandi were present, the cards were packed in a Bowman package with tons of prospects and some minor league cards.  It is the first Zippy Zapping since my return.  And here are the new cards:
1.  2018 Bowman Trending Chrome Michael Chavis.  Boston's top prospect was suspended for 80 games for PED violations.  He has been slow to get going since coming back.  Not a banner year for Red Sox prospects. 

2.  2017 Choice Tanner Houck.  Houck was the Red Sox first round draft pick in 2017.  He is starting to come around much more now that Boston has stopped messing with his delivery.  I was slightly unimpressed when he was picked, but I am coming around on him. 

3.  2017 Choice Brett Netzer.  I knew nothing about this guy.  The third rounder in 2017 is a contact hitter, a very good fielder, and has little to no power.  I do not have a lot of faith that he will make the Majors.

4.  2018 Bowman Rafael Devers.  Now here is a guy with power.  He already has 25 home runs in the Majors and he has yet to turn 22.

5.  2013 Bowman Draft Jordon Austin.  The sixth round pick in 2013 was released the next year. 

6.  2015 Bowman Draft Chrome Tate Matheny.  Mike Matheny's son was the fourth round pick in 2015 and is currently in AA, but struggling. 

Thank you Kenny.

5 comments:

  1. Glad you got the cards, I was starting to get worried. I was in a bit of a rush and forgot to add my usual note. Sorry this was light on stuff you could actually use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem at all. I always appreciate the packages. They actually arrived awhile ago, but I have a backlog of posts going up. Hopefully you got yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet. You didn't send it to the faux-address I used on the PWE by any chance did you?

      Delete
    2. I did. That might explain it. I thought maybe you changed your address. Email me your current address and I will send something else out.

      Delete
    3. My address is still the same as my old one. Would you like me to email it to you?

      Delete