Tuesday, August 14, 2018

A&G, Big League, and Bowman Breaks

I tried my luck at some random packs of A&G, Big League, and Bowman.  The results were not too bad.  Not great, but decent enough.
1.  2018 Topps Allen & Ginter David Ortiz.  Nice to see Ortiz still getting cards this year.  I am looking forward to him being eligible for the Hall of Fame.

2.  2018 Topps Big League J.D. Martinez.  Martinez has been a great pickup this season.  Almost Ortiz-like numbers so far.  Just a terrific hitter.

3.  2018 Topps Big League Gold Jackie Bradley Jr.  Can't have pack breaks without Betts or Bradley showing up.

4.  2018 Topps Big League Gold Roger Clemens.  I still think he belongs in the Hall of Fame.

5.  2018 Bowman ROY Favorites Rafael Devers.  I do not understand.  Devers used up his rookie eligibility last season.  He cannot win the Rookie of the Year.  Topps should know this, they awarded him the Rookie Cup last year.  Come on Topps.

I am starting to really get into Topps Big League.  It is just a simple set with a lot of cards.  I still think they should bring back Topps Total, maybe without the focus on prospects, but having just a gigantic set with lots of cards of guys you don't see very often would be great.  I know I say this a lot, but I really think fans would respond to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment