Saturday, August 4, 2018

Big League Pack Break

I had a chance to buy my first fat pack of 2018 Topps Big League.  It contained 30 cards, and I pulled these Red Sox:
1.  Eduardo Rodriguez.  I am hoping for a full recovery from E-Rod.  He was breaking out when he went down with an ankle injury.  Unfortunately he is quite injury prone.  The factoid on the back says that he is a natural right-hander but learned to pitch left-handed after breaking his right arm.  That is quite interesting.  Probably not easy to do, but it definitely worked out for him.

2.  Gold Fenway Park.  I was a little disappointed that my second card was Fenway Park.  I am not a huge fan of ballpark cards.  I do not really know why.  I have several cards of Fenway Park in my Red Sox collection and this one will find its way in as well.

I kind of like this set.  I like the player selection, though I feel like the better move would have been to go full-on Topps Total.  Let's see a huge 800 card set with 25 cards per team.  Let's get backup catchers, utility infielders, middle relievers, and quad-A players into a set again.  We need this.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with your assessment. Another go at Topps Total would be most excellent.

    ReplyDelete