Thursday, May 1, 2014

Tired of Mailday Posts...

...Yet I can't stop.  The influx of mail keeps coming, so I like to show it off.  There were two packages today, one which nailed down a number of desired Gypsy Queen cards, and a couple random cards from the turn of the millenium:
1.  2014 Topps Gypsy Queen Koji Uehara.  How can you not like this guy?  Koji always looks like he is having a blast.  He has fun playing the game and his enthusiasm is infectious.  Great shot here.

2.  2014 Topps Gypsy Queen Mini A.J. Pierzynski.  Yeah it's probably airbrushed, but a nice shot anyway of Boston's new #1 catcher.  He doesn't walk much, but he can hit.  A grand slam over the weekend put Boston in the driver's seat in Toronto.

3.  2014 Topps Gypsy Queen David Ross.  I was beginning to wonder if I would ever get a David Ross Red Sox card.  Thankfully Gypsy Queen came through.  Nice shot of "The Wolf", the nickname for his beard last year.

4.  1998 Donruss Silver Press Proof Dennis Eckersley.  There will be several new Eck cards coming soon.  Just one of those weird, random events.

5.  2000 Topps Tek Nomar Garciaparra Pattern 8.  I love the Tek cards but I just never got as into them as I thought that I would.  I guess who needs 90 different patterns of the same card?  But now that my Sandy Alomar Jr. player collection is going strong again, I have focused on the Tek cards as my #1 priority.  It's nice to add the occasional Red Sox card too.  And of course the rules were a little different by this point.  I think there were a couple of different pictures used.

No comments:

Post a Comment