Thursday, May 22, 2014

Randomness

I have been a little frustrated lately with the Red Sox.  I have been having a hard time getting cards in packs and making trades.  Everybody wants to sell it seems like.  Those that want to trade want way more than I would be willing to offer.  So I have some huge gaps in my 2014 Red Sox collection.  That coupled with the fact that there are not really too many exciting sets coming up and Boston has been playing like crap lately, it has not been much fun.  I looked at the 2014 Archives checklist and that bummed me out too.  Boston only has players in three of the four designs and hardly any inserts.  The only Fan Favorite auto is Mike Greenwell, who had one last year.  

Luckily this package (which I had to buy of course) came in today and helped things out a little bit: 
1.  2014 Donruss Stat Line Shane Victorino.  He is finally back from injury.  Unfortunately his offense has been a little slow this year.

2.  2013 Finest Green Refractor Will Middlebrooks.  Speaking of slow offenses...  This bothers me.  Middlebrooks is the only player my wife seems to like at all and he may not even last on the team if he keeps hitting like this.

3.  1997 Pinnacle Totally Certified Mirror Blue Mo Vaughn.  This is a really nice card.

4.  2012 Panini Cooperstown Crystal Jim Rice.  My first card from this parallel set, believe it or not.

5.  2012 Bowman Chrome Prospects Green Refractor Boss Moanaroa.  He will likely never sniff the Majors, but he has a great name and an interesting story.  That's enough for me to chase his cards

6.  2010 Topps Chrome Purple Refractor John Lackey.  Even he pitched terribly recently.

7.  2009 Bowman Sterling Refractor George Kottaras RC.

8.  2009 Bowman Sterling George Kottaras RC.  Don't ask why I wanted two more Kottaras cards.  I don't even know.

9.  2012 Finest Moments Adrian Gonzalez.  At least one card knocked something off of my wantlist.
10.  2012 Panini Bronze History Harry Hooper.  I had no idea there were cards like this.  I need to see that checklist and find the Red Sox.  Awesome idea.

11.  2014 Topps Wal Mart Blue Mike Carp.  Only my third card of the fish-named guy.

12.  2010 Finest Blue Refractor Josh Beckett.  The scan does not do this card justice.

13.  2009 Topps Gold Rocco Baldelli.  Unfortunately a very tragic story.

14.  2011 Topps Update Gold Alfredo Aceves.  I actually liked Aceves, though he was a little crazy.

15.  2014 Topps Gold Xander Bogaerts RC.  He is finally starting to hit recently.  The power will come soon.

1 comment:

  1. I'll try to cheer you up with some vintage. I still haven't bought one pack of cards all year. I don't mind taking in the newer stuff in trade. But I won't invest any money in it. It all goes to vintage buys

    ReplyDelete