Saturday, June 17, 2023

Wong and the Jason Varitek Quest for 1,000: #993

I recently had an occasion to make a two-card trade on TCDB for both of my major player collections in my Red Sox collection.  One could argue, probably factually, that my Sandy Alomar Jr. collection is my major player collection because it is wholly separate from my Red Sox collection and I have even more cards of him than any Red Sox player, including Jason Varitek.  But anyway, I got both a Connor Wong, who is the current subject of a big player collection, and Jason Varitek.

The Wong is the Panini Chronicles Contenders Optic Building Blocks parallel.  Sort of a Mosaic-like parallel.  

And card #993 in my Jason Varitek collection is the 2022 A&G Mini.  

This trade took a LONG time to get in.  I was starting to think it would not come in at all and prepared to re-buy the two cards.  I have mentioned before that I am somewhat obsessive-compulsive with my collection.  If I buy a card, I need that card to come in.  I can't stand thinking I am getting something and not get it.  That's why the ongoing lack of the Mosaic Orange Fluorescent and Heritage Red bothers me so much.  Luckily, this trade did come in, and neither card was terribly rare that they could not be replaced.

1 comment:

  1. That season ticket card is nice, the mosaic effect works well with the red colors.

    ReplyDelete