Saturday, June 24, 2023

Boxscore: June 19, 2021

I forgot about doing these.  A couple years ago, I spent a weekend in Kansas City and took in two Red Sox games.  That was pretty much the only reason I went.  


The first game I saw was an afternoon game and it was damn hot.  I had seats out in the left field bleachers and came very close to catching a home run ball off the bat of J.D. Martinez.  Boston rolled to a 7-1 victory behind the pitching of Martin Perez, who threw five innings of one-run, three-hit ball.  He walked two and struck out three.  Garrett Whitlock, Hirokazu Sawamura and Brandon Workman finished out the game, allowing four hits and four strikeouts between them.  

Offensively, Bobby Dalbec was the big star, putting up three hits and coming a double short of the cycle.  He drove in three runs and scored twice.  As mentioned, Martinez also homered.  Alex Verdugo hit a double and Danny Santana, Xander Bogaerts and Enrique Hernandez all singled.  

It was a great game, but man, I wish I could have caught Martinez's homer.

No comments:

Post a Comment