Thursday, June 25, 2020

Random Jim Rice Mailday

I was browsing Ebay recently for random stuff and came across a Jim Rice lot, that included a relic card.  The relic was the key.  I was surprised that there were a couple of the other cards that I still needed.  
The first two cards are a couple of oddballs that I did not have.  The first card is a Kmart boxed set card celebrating MVP award winners.  Rice, of course, won the 1978 MVP when he hit .315/.370/.600 with 46 home runs and 139 RBIs.  He led the league in home runs, RBIs, slugging, OPS (.970), total bases (406), hits (213), and triples (15).  It was a remarkable offensive season for the slugger.  The second card shows Rice after retirement, though he certainly still looked like he could play. 

Finally, the focus of the buy was the Panini Leather & Lumber Flashing the Leather card which features a game-used piece of glove by Jim Rice.  I do not have a lot of glove relic cards, in fact I have this one and a Manny Ramirez dual relic card.  So this is kind of an interesting addition to the collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment