Monday, June 22, 2020

A Couple Kimbrels

Recently I was browsing Ebay for nothing in particular and came across a lot of two Craig Kimbrel cards and I realized I did not have much beyond base cards and the occasional parallel of the three-time All Star former closer.  So I snagged it.
So, a couple of things here.  The first card is a regular relic from 2018 Topps.  The second card is one of those manufactured relics, and is a really damn heavy card.  That relic is made of some sort of metal apparently.  As I have mentioned previously, I do not really go nuts over relics these days, but I generally like to have at least one of each player and Kimbrel was missing.  That has been rectified.

Kimbrel was highly successful in Boston, though his first season was somewhat disappointing and his postseason in his last season was definitely off, so it feels like he was not that good.  But man, that 2017 season was truly something.  That year he won the Reliever of the Year Award when he saved 35 games with a 1.43 ERA, a 5-0 record and in 69 innings, he struck out an utterly insane 126 batters, versus just 14 walks.  Holy crap that was a good year.  I choose to remember that Kimbrel.

No comments:

Post a Comment