Monday, May 4, 2020

The Holy Grail of Red Sox Relics

I have a lot of relics in my Red Sox collection, and there are a lot of Hall of Famers in there.  Some of which are even players from decades ago.  Of course I have Ted Williams.  I even have Rick Ferrell, Joe Cronin and Jimmie Foxx.  I even have Tris Speaker.  But there is one player, I never thought I would be able to find.  Until now:
Yep, Babe Ruth.

This is from the Leaf Immortal Collection, a set focused on Ruth.  I had a couple of priorities before I grabbed one from this set.  For one, it had to be a picture likely from Ruth's Red Sox days.  This card talks about his pitching and does appear to show him in a Red Sox uniform, even without the team name on the front.  Second, Leaf had two bats that they used, one purportedly used when Ruth was with Boston, and the other with New York.  I had to pair the Red Sox picture with the Boston bat.  I found one.  The price was not insane, and so I grabbed it.  I now have a Babe Ruth relic card in my Red Sox collection.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I didn't even know this card existed. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know if I trust Leaf in anything, but regardless, that's cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!

    As a Mets fan, I don't have to worry about collecting my team's old-time players, because we didn't exist then. But the flipside of that is that I'll never have a Mets card like this.

    ReplyDelete