Monday, May 11, 2020

2018 World Champion Autos

As with relics, I do not target autographs quite like I used to.  I do try to get at least one of each player I can though.  And that brings me to my recent mailday (from two different sellers):
1.  Steve Pearce.  Pearce, of course, was the 2018 World Series MVP after hitting three home runs.  He also had a big game against the Yankees early after his acquisition when he hit three home runs against them.  Unfortunately last year was something of a lost season and he has recently retired.  But his last full season was one to remember.  This card came from Topps Big League last year.

2.  Eduardo Núñez.  Núñez was acquired during the 2017 season and went on a tear down the stretch.  He was a useful bench option in 2018, even if his defense was suspect.  He also hit an important home run in the World Series in Game 1, a pinch-hit three-run shot that drove a stake through the Dodgers' chances in the game.  This card came from Panini Prizm last year.

1 comment:

  1. very cool! I didn't realize Pearce had an auto in the Big League set!

    ReplyDelete