Friday, January 1, 2016

Special FX Box Break and Two High-End Cards

I had the ill-fated idea to buy a cheap box of 2006 Upper Deck Special FX in a hope to acquire one of the missing color parallels I needed for Sandy Alomar Jr.  It was not successful, but it did give me a couple of Red Sox cards.  I also bought a couple of pitchers who are not well-represented on cardboard.
The Schilling is an insert and the Crisp is a purple parallel.  I suppose I am happy with those two cards, even though I wanted a red or purple Sandy Alomar Jr.  This is now my third Junichi Tazawa autograph.  He needs more cards.  But the real star here is this Herb Pennock jersey.  This is the first time Pennock has gotten a relic card with the Red Sox, as far as I know.  Pennock is wearing a Red Sox cap on his Hall of Fame plaque, so it is great to add a relic to my collection.  I don't have many Pennock cards, so this is immediately my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment