Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The All Star Game

Truthfully I was kind of bored with the All Star game this year.  Not a whole lot really happened, particularly with the Red Sox players.  Boston had three All Stars this year, Clay Buchholz, David Ortiz, and Dustin Pedroia.  Buchholz was hurt and did not play.  Pedroia came in during the top of the 1st after Robinson Cano was hit on the knee with a pitch and had to be removed.  He was 0 for 2 with a strikeout and made one play in the field that I remember.  Ortiz was 0 for 2 after starting the game.  So that was it for the Red Sox in the game.  I was very disappointed that Koji Uehara was not voted in to the game.

As for everything else, like I said it was a pretty boring game.   Mariano Rivera was named the MVP which I am pretty ambivalent towards.  There really was not anyone that was a better pick for the award.  Not much offense and the pitching was all pretty much the same.  I guess based on that, Rivera is an okay pick for the award, but it's not like his performance really stood out that much from anyone else's.  It was definitely a recognition of his career more than for his performance in that game.  Just my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment