I like buying Panini blasters just because I seem to have better luck with them as far as pulling Red Sox cards. Even when there are very few cards in them. Like this one:
1. Roman Anthony. One of the biggest issues this year has been the struggles of Anthony, who had a huge rookie season. Injuries have stunted his development. I am looking forward to him coming back healthy. This is a Concourse subset, which may mean it is short-printed. I don't really know.
2. Tony Perez. It is really cool to see a company acknowledge Perez's time with the Red Sox. He was not great in Boston, but he did have a very good 1980 season when he hit .275/.320/.467 with 25 home runs and 105 RBIs. It was the last time in his career he would hit more than 20 home runs and drive in more than 100 runs.
3. Koji Uehara. I love that Koji made it into the set. His 2013 season is still probably my all time favorite relief pitcher season. He was so much fun to watch that year. This insert set also features Hideki Okajima. I will have to track that card down.

No comments:
Post a Comment