Thursday, October 5, 2023

The Worst Red Sox Team of All Time Pt. 26: Hank Patterson

Failure is often even more fascinating than success. I am definitely intrigued by the 1932 Boston Red Sox, the worst Red Sox team of all time. The team finished with a record of 43-111, for a winning percentage of .279 and very little went right.


Once again, my general malaise with this series is threatening to overcome me.  We again have an ultra-obscure player with very little information.  

Hank Patterson was with the Red Sox (and in the Majors for that matter) for just one game.  He played catcher for two innings, not making any noteworthy plays and making it to the plate just once.  That game was the second game of a double-header against Washington.  Bennie Tate started the game and Patterson came in late.  He did not get a hit in his one at-bat, but I cannot determine what happened in it.  And that's it for Hank Patterson.  I have no information about whether he played in the minors anywhere, but I assume he did.

No comments:

Post a Comment