Friday, March 31, 2017

Oh Hey, Some New Cards

I've been in a slump lately.  Work has been incredibly busy and it is sapping my enjoyment of collecting.  I have been avoiding buying and I just can't seem to make much headway in trading.  But I did get this package in, and while there are not a lot of really exciting cards here, just seeing that package in the mail was enough to brighten my day, at least for awhile.
1.  2017 Donruss 1983 Retro Pedro Martinez.  The last couple of years, Donruss's retro set featured some amazing photography.  Unfortunately, what I have seen so far from this year's set is pretty disappointing.  This is a generic action shot for Pedro.

2.  2017 Topps Rediscover Bronze Dennis Boyd.  I like the buybacks, but it seems weird getting buybacks of cards from my own childhood.  That being said, I am still sucking up every Red Sox card and Sandy Alomar Jr. card I can find.

3.  2017 Donruss Xander Bogaerts.  I missed out on Mookie Betts in my fantasy draft, but I made sure to get Xander late in the second round.  We will see if that works out for me.  By the way, Nolan Arenado was my first round pick.

4.  2017 Donruss David Price.  Unfortunately, Price will start the season on the disabled list.  So much for that great three-headed rotation monster.

No comments:

Post a Comment