Thursday, January 12, 2017

My First Sale, Another Tek, and a Couple of Hall of Famers

Here is the most recent mailday roundup. 
1.  2016 Topps Now Chris Sale.  It did not take Topps Now long to cash in on the blockbuster deal between the Red Sox and White Sox that sent ace Chris Sale to Boston.  And now I don't have to wait until some time next Spring to get my first Chris Sale card.  I would have preferred a photo from the press conference (if there was one), but I can't complain too much.  Boston's starting pitching is looking pretty good in 2017.

2.  2016 Topps High Tek Orange Magma Diffractor Jason Varitek.  Yet another High Tek Jason Varitek variation.  I keep saying I am not going to try to collect all of these, and yet I keep adding them.

3.  2001 Topps Archives Reserve Luis Aparicio.  A nice refractor-like reprint card of Aparicio's final Topps card from his playing career.  He spent the last three seasons of his career in Boston, seasons which were below par for him.

4.  1992 Kellogg's Corn Flakes Jim Rice.  A nice Sportflics card produced by Kellogg's.  This is not the Canadian version, a variation Night Owl recently discovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment