Friday, November 11, 2016

Every Little Bit Counts

Two somewhat smaller packages came in on yesterday.  One was just a single card, but that card crossed an insert set off of my want list.  The other was a few more cards, mostly low-end parallels and base cards, but as the title says, every little bit counts.  That is 10 more cards to add to my Red Sox collection.
1.  Dustin Pedroia.  I am not overly enamored with this insert set, at least as far as its purpose goes.  The set looks decent.  I just am concerned about more and more advertisements finding their way into sets.
2.  Josh Beckett.  This is the red Gypsy Queen back card.

3.  Daniel Bard.  I like the throwback uniform here but Bard really did not deserve a 2013 card, particularly over Andrew Miller.  He appeared in just two games in 2013.

4.  David Ortiz.  Here is a different throwback uniform.  And yet again, Ortiz finds his way into a package.

5.  Josh Beckett.  This is one of those insert sets that escaped me when it came out.  My focus was mostly on Jason Varitek cards at the time and there are a lot of holes from the late 2000's.

6.  Dustin Pedroia.  Pedroia seems to be increasing quickly in my collection lately.  I have no problem with that.  Pedroia becomes the largest current player in my collection at around 330 cards with the retirement of Ortiz.

7.  Jon Lester.  Lester is a player that I feel is underrepresented in my collection.  Even though he is no longer with the team, it would be nice to increase my collection of him.

8.  Jackie Bradley Jr.  JBJ, Mookie, and Xander are in a race to determine which of the Killer B's will be the first to 100 cards in my collection.  Mookie and JBJ are tied with 93, Xander is at 85.

9.  Rusney Castillo.  He is kind of a forgotten man at this time, but he has several seasons left on his contract.  It will be interesting to see what Boston does with him next season.

10.  Hanley Ramirez.  Hanley is at 75 cards in my Red Sox collection and stands a pretty good shot at coming up to 100 soon as well.  He had been neck and neck with the other three but slowed down.

No comments:

Post a Comment