Saturday, November 19, 2016

Auto and Game-Used Haul from a Lot

A seller on Ebay was recently selling several lots of game-used and autograph cards.  I was interested in several of the lots, but ended up only winning one.  Still, it brought me three new Red Sox cards.  
1.  Xander Bogaerts.  Well, this was not in the lot, but a single card that I received from a forum member.  Unfortunately, I was supposed to get the base card to finish the team set on my wantlist.  This is the Holo parallel.  Oh well, I won't complain about a free card.

2.  Rubby De La Rosa.  This is the card I was most interested in in the lot.  I don't have many De La Rosa cards.  I was excited about him when Boston got him from the Dodgers and was disappointed when he was traded to the Diamondbacks in the Wade Miley deal.  He is kind of frustrating because he has a lot of talent that he simply cannot harness all the way.

3.  Dustin Pedroia.  Interesting green jersey piece here.  It must be from one of the St. Patrick's Day Spring Training uniforms.

4.  Wade Boggs.  A nice closeup look at Boggs's unusual follow-through here.  Boggs was kind of like Ichiro in that he was immediately in motion after making contract.  Unlike Ichiro though, Boggs was not exactly fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment