Monday, January 1, 2024

Some Wongs and a Couple Throw-ins

Happy New Year's!

I'm still working on catching things up.  Bear with me for a few more posts.  And yes, there will be a lot of Connor Wong cards.

1.  Panini Chronicles Contenders Optic Rookie Ticket Autographs.  I have said before that I am kind of at the point where I am grabbing stuff I missed earlier.  This is not the most exciting of additions, but it is an autograph.  I probably passed this up several times.

2.  Topps Chrome Update Orange.  Serial-numbered to 25.  I am still grabbing whatever new releases are out there.

3.  Topps Chrome Update Yellow Mini Diamonds.  Serial-numbered to 75.  

I have been greatly appreciative of sellers throwing in extra cards over the last year or so.  It seems like there have been a lot more of them.  The seller of the Yellow Mini Diamonds above threw in some other random Red Sox, and I needed a couple of them:

1.  Enmanuel Valdez.  I love the 1988 insert design.  The 1988 Topps set was a very nice-looking set.  This card is Enmanuel Valdez who, along with Wilyer Abreu, was acquired in the deal that sent Christian Vazquez to the Astros.  I am sure I have mentioned that.  Valdez is still in the mix for the second base job, but his chances have diminished since the acquisition of Vaughn Grissom.

2.  J.D. Martinez.  Martinez is still out there as a free agent after having a bit of a bouceback season for the Dodgers last year.  He will go down as one of the greatest free agent signings in team history after hitting .292/.363/.526 with 130 home runs, 171 doubles, 423 RBIs and 399 runs scored.

No comments:

Post a Comment