Monday, February 10, 2020

My New Favorite Player?

I mean, I don't see why not.  Devers broke out in a huge way last season, hitting .311/.361/.555 with 32 home runs, 115 RBIs, and leading the league with 54 doubles.  And he is a year younger than Mookie's replacement Alex Verdugo who has yet to play a full season.  Devers seems like the kind of talent the team should now build around, along with Xander Bogaerts.  If he keeps this up, he can be the kind of special talent that Boston traded away when Mookie was sent to LA. 

This is my first 2020 card by the way.  This is from the Topps Throwback Thursday line, using the 2020 insert design from 2010 Topps.

2 comments:

  1. That's a sharp looking card! I'm hoping the Red Sox sign Devers long-term now that they're under the luxury tax threshhold.

    ReplyDelete