Friday, October 21, 2016

I Did Something I Never Thought I Would Do

I traded one of my Red Sox cards.

I was talking to a hardcore Tim Wakefield collector on a forum and mentioned that I had a patch card of him.  Apparently it was one that he needed.  Here it is:
He asked me right away if I would consider trading it and I responded that I do not trade my Red Sox cards.  But, he was prepared for such an answer and offered me a trade that was very one-sided in my direction and made me stop to consider.

These are the cards he offered:
He offered me a patch to replace the one I was trading, a card serial-numbered to just 50, and the kicker, an autograph numbered to 15.  It was the autograph added to the patch that was the tipping point.  I did not previously have a Wakefield autograph.  I asked to think about it for a couple of days, but the fact of the matter was, this deal was just too good to pass up.  I could not miss out on an opportunity to add a Tim Wakefield autograph card.  So I made the deal.  I may always regret trading one of my Red Sox cards, but at least the trade was worth it.

EDIT:
My wonderful wife bought this for me, which came in today:
This does help mitigate the loss of the patch card.  I do want to say that I am happy to help out another collector.  I would not have traded that card to just anyone.

3 comments:

  1. I can understand how hard it must have been to trade that Wake patch...but you helped out a fellow collector and got some great cards in return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the opposite lol, I'm always dishing out Yankees cards from my collection left and right to other Yankees collectors. That said if someone wants a Luis Torrens card that I don't have a spare for (and they're not Torrens or one of his family members) they will have to go through hell to get it.

    ReplyDelete