Thursday, October 20, 2016

A Doubront and a Myer

Two cards in two packages arrived recently (well, a lot more than that, as you will see in the coming days).  I figured I would briefly cover them.
I had a redemption for a Felix Doubront Triple Threads card some time ago that I never received (I requested a substitute after waiting for more than two years and received an Allen Webster, a decent card, but not what I had in mind).  I always felt a little bit bad about not getting that card because I was a big fan of Doubront during his time in Boston.  I will likely cover him more in depth some time soon.  Suffice it to say, this card makes me feel a little better about never getting that last card.

And next up was this:
This is a reprint, of course.  It is a reprint of a 1928 playing card set.  Buddy Myer was a rare bright spot for the Red Sox in the 1920's, spending almost two seasons there from 1927 to 1928, which were his only two seasons with a team other than the Washington Senators.  Myer led the league in stolen bases with 30 in 1928 and will also likely be covered in more depth in short order.

No comments:

Post a Comment