Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Mail Call

Working on a really huge post right now.  Hopefully I will have it up soon.  For now though, here is the new 
stuff.

Up first is a small Ebay win.  I was supposed to get this card in a trade package but it was not there and the other party could not find it.
1.  2011 Topps Allen & Ginter Mini Jon Lester.  Lester beat Max Scherzer tonight.  He is starting to look like an ace again.

Up next is a trade package for some Yankees:
2.  2010 Upper Deck Pure Heat Josh Beckett.  You may not be able to tell, but this is kind of a neat die-cut card.  I was never the biggest fan of Beckett (except during 2007), but this is a neat card.

3.  2011 Topps Wal-Mart Black Jason Varitek.  A little preview of the big post to come...

4.  2011 Topps Wal-Mart Black Mike Lowell.  I have been waiting over a month on another Mike Lowell card, this is nothing like that one.  Hopefully it will show up some time soon.

5.  2010 Bowman 1992 Throwback Jacoby Ellsbury.

6.  2005 Upper Deck ESPN Sportscentury Cy Young.  He is actually wearing a Cleveland uniform, but it's a Red Sox logo.

7.  2010 Upper Deck All World Daisuke Matsuzaka.  Another neat die-cut.  Matsuzaka was great in 2007 and 2008, but not really since then.

Up next is a big trade.  I traded this:
for the following package.  I have had the Gregerson for a long time and this is the first halfway reasonable trade offer I have received.  Ultimately I figured this was the best I was ever going to get for it.  I have been holding out for a star auto or patch and it just was not working out.  I feel kind of bad about giving it up, but I think the cards I got were worth it.
8.  2008 Bowman Chrome Refractor Autograph Ryan Kalish.  Kalish has hit a few bumps in the road.  Next year he should be given an opportunity to win an outfield job or be traded.

9.  2011 Topps Golden Moments Gold Sparkle Relic Clay Buchholz.  He should be returning to the rotation very soon.

10.  2013 Topps Gypsy Queen Mini Black Ted Williams.

11.  2012 Topps Heritage Image Swap Variation Dustin Pedroia.  I love this card.  This is the first image swap I have had.

1 comment:

  1. That's a pretty good haul for a canary yellow sparkle of Gregerson.

    ReplyDelete