Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Topps Chrome Platinum Anniversary Three Case Wong Break

A few weeks back the checklist for Topps Chrome Platinum Anniversary was dropped and I was pleased to see Connor Wong on the checklist.  The only issue is the massive number of parallels.  So, there were 46 new cards added to my wantlist.  I thought a nice, easy way to ease myself in to it would be to buy into some group breaks, particularly if the cost was low.  It would be a risk, but it might be worth it.

The first break to open was a three-case break that cost me about as much as lunch during the weekdays at work.  It proved to be well worth it.

Of course I got the base card.  When I watched the break online, it took a long time to even get this card.  But, I figured in three cases, it would come eventually, so I was not too worried.  I received multiples of it eventually.  Interestingly, the base versions list Wong as a catcher/third-baseman, despite the fact he played very little there.

Platinum Toile White/Blue Refractor.  Some of the parallels are kind of hard to determine what they are.  I am pretty sure I have this one identified correctly.  It is serial-numbered to 199.

This made me pretty happy.  This is the base version of the autographed card.  I actually got two of these.  Considering autos were only one per box, that was pretty good.  But, then came this:

This is the Refractor parallel of the autograph.  This was my best pull from the break.  This is serial-numbered to 199.  

Platinum Cream/Fuchsia Atomic Refractor.  Again, I am pretty sure this is what the parallel is.  This card is numbered to 100, making it the rarest card I got.

That was well worth the money.  Just the base and a parallel would have been worth it honestly, but I received the base, two parallels, the base autograph and a parallel autograph.  None of the cards were particularly rare, but they were all decent pulls.  It kind of emboldened me to try it a couple more times.  Unfortunately, my luck ran out and I only got base cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment