Saturday, August 19, 2023

Free Cards: An Intermission

Breaking up the Connor Wong posts for a but is this group of cards that I got for free with one of my Wong cards.  This year's Panini Prizm had a pretty decent player selection for the Red Sox and I will eventually grab some packs.  But one seller sent a pile of about 20 base cards for free, including the following three Red Sox.

1.  Nomar Garciaparra.  I'm not sure I have anything new to say about Nomar.  I'm hoping he has a decent showing in the Eras Committee for the Hall of Fame.  I still think his peak was high enough to get him in.  And if Don Mattingly ever makes it in, that strengthens Nomar's candidacy.

2.  Jim Rice.  An underrated Hall of Famer, it took Rice 15 years to get into the Hall of Fame.  Given some of the players getting in these days, it is safe to say his place his secure.

3.  Johnny Pesky.  Pesky is absolutely one of my favorite players to add cards to my collection.  He was such a monumental figure in Red Sox history, filling a variety of roles for 60+ years.  

No comments:

Post a Comment