Friday, July 24, 2020

Five Box Team Break

Recently, I bought into a few multi-box breaks from Ebay, of course buying the Red Sox cards and tuning in to the box breaks.  The first such break included boxes of Bowman, Gypsy Queen, Diamond Kings, Inception and Tribute.  Unfortunately, there were no Red Sox cards in Inception or Tribute.  But there were some impressive pulls.

Up first are the new cards from 2020 Bowman:
Primarily, this box just gave me a bunch of prospect cards.  I am excited about Jarren Duran, who could make his Major League debut later this year.  He looks like an intriguing player, a contact hitter with a lot of speed.  The best card from the box is the Talent Pipeline insert with Triston Casas, Bobby Dalbec and Duran.  Casas is currently Boston's top prospects, a big slugger who could be up next year.  Dalbec is likely trade bait, in my opinion.

Up next is Gypsy Queen:
This was the best break for me.  Of course there were a couple of base cards, but then there is the Ted Williams short print, featuring a photo I have not seen before, a Michael Chavis insert and then, the big hit of the entire break for me, a Michael Chavis autograph.  I do not pull too many Red Sox relics and autos myself, so it is exciting to essentially get an autograph in a pack here.  Chavis is headed into a make-or-break season this year.  His versatility is important, and if he continues hitting with power, he may soon become a regular player.

And finally, Diamond Kings:
I only needed two base cards from the Diamond Kings set: Jimmie Foxx and Tris Speaker.  I got them both.  I also got a parallel of Foxx.  I still really want the Ted Williams All Time Diamond King card.

So, not bad breaks.  Gypsy Queen was definitely the highlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment