Saturday, December 28, 2019

The Jason Varitek Quest for 1,000: #940 (Plus More)

This was actually a trade package that brought me a Varitek autograph that I did not have.  This is the 2017 Museum Collection Archival Autographs and it is a great card because Varitek also signed his uniform number.  That kind of inscription is a lot of fun. 

I also got the J.D. Martinez relic, which is the first in my collection, and the Diamond King card of Betts that is in the design of the 1985 subset.  I still love Diamond Kings, and this looks great because the fact that there is no team insignia is barely noticeable.

3 comments:

  1. You're getting Vari-close to 1,000. That's a sweet auto

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that Tek auto! Best of luck hitting your goal in 2020!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm surprised that Varitek's stuff hasn't absolutely flooded the market yet since Topps like to milk as much as they can out of every contract they dish out. Topps is keeping it unusually close to the vest there with him.

    ReplyDelete