Wednesday, August 21, 2019

The Jason Varitek Quest for 1,000: #933

The other day I read a post by Night Owl, in which he complained about Jason Varitek appearing in Allen & Ginter, among other sets this year.  He also expressed a preference for seeing Rick Burleson.  I can definitely get behind the desire to The Rooster, but I am happy as hell that Tek is making appearances this year.  It makes it that much more likely that one of these days I may accomplish my goal.

Here is card #934, the 2019 Museum Collection Archival Autographs card of Varitek.  This is the most common version of this card, numbered to 199.  I will be picking up more Varitek cards this year again.  He still ranks as my all-time favorite player after all.  And I am thrilled to see him in sets again.  I just wish he had been in Archives for a Fan Favorites auto.  He certainly qualifies.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice Tek auto! 933 is a very impressive total. Good luck on your quest for 1K!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was a good catcher. His acting is Fever Pitch was subpar though.

      Delete