Friday, June 28, 2019

COMC Order

A card emerged on COMC that I had to get.  To make it worthwhile, I decided to add a few other random cards, a couple of which I have wanted for awhile:
1.  1993 Conlon Frank Chance.  I showed this card in my Red Sox in Cooperstown post on Chance.  The longtime Cubs stalwart managed Boston for a year.  I did not have the card so I felt like I needed to add it.  Possibly the only Chance card with the Red Sox after all.

2.  2019 Donruss Highlights Red Brock Holt.  Celebrating Holt hitting for the cycle in the postseason against the Yankees.  Holt is the first to ever do that.

3.  2019 Diamond Kings Joe Wood.  As soon as I get a couple of other books finished, I will be able to dive into my Smoky Joe Wood biography that I got for Christmas.  I wanted to add a card of him to go along with it.

4.  2019 Donruss Highlights Brock Holt.  This is the card that I have wanted most from this year.  Holt's cycle was an incredible moment from last year's postseason.

And now for the card that led to this order:
5.  2018 Bowman Talent Pipeline Green Jay Groome/Michael Chavis/Tzu-Wei Lin.  This is Lin card #106.  As a bonus, it includes this year's Red Sox rookie sensation Michael Chavis.  Hopefully Lin will make it back from his injury soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment